Thursday, September 26, 2013

Still, Audio & Multimedia Critiques

Hi everyone!
This first critique is of Aviary.  This critiques the merits of Aviary as a still media editor.  I look forward to your feedback :)






My next critique is of WebWave, an audio editing tool that is compatible with Apple iPads.  I made the recording in Pocket Wavepad, an audio app for iPad users.  I was able to make the audio recording with amazing speed.  My hurdle has been being able to embed it into a program where the audio from the recording could match the explanation that accompanied it.  That said, I used the iPad application Explain Everything to accomplish this synchronization.  I also tried to make a Keynote presentation, but I ran into the same problem; the audio file and the explanation didn't really meet my delivery expectations.
Again, my challenge ended up being getting the audio recording to embed and play  in the new program.  I was only able to get the audio from Pocket WebWave into the Explain Everything app by playing the recording on my computer and recording it through my microphone.  This has reduced the clarity of the recording but it has made the recording audible to the viewer of the video. From the second slide onward, I used a direct recording through my headset to record the audio explanation.  I am really looking forward to your comments.  Thanks so much!






The last critique is of Vacasmo.com.  I apologize in advance, but regardless of the number of times I created and clipped the screencast, it was still 10  minutes long.  I really did try to get it down to size and I succeeded by getting down below 14 minutes.  Please bear with the cast as I will look forward to your comments.







Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment