As I looked back at my posts, I remember clearly having a vision for some of the projects beforehand, and others left my head searching for guidance.
I came to the class with relatively strong skills. However, I was taking this class so I could know what I know, and fill in the gaps of what I didn't know.
As you may know, I work in a 1:1 Apple iPad initiate school. I came into the project with very strong design skills because I had been an instructional designer from the financial services profession as well as having been my own marketing and design team for my own business.
What I have truly enjoyed most is the background of the history of media. Lights! Camera! Action! was a really illuminating piece for me. Although I knew the future was full of computers and cool projects, it wasn't until I read that piece that the dominoes all fell together for me.
Recognizing that media is the language of the digital natives as well as the language of everyone else. ( I mean, how many people watch the morning news before work, evening news before/after dinner, follow Twitter and Facebook and the many other visual media streams so we can keep abreast of the rapidly changing work we live in?) This article really put technology into its proper place for my understanding of the work we do in the 1:1 initiative.
I have chosen to push myself into the limits of the unknown, even though there may be an easier more assured path to my "A". I am wrestling with the construction of an iBook and all that comes with it. Embedding movies, questions/answers, images into this new media form is really going to make me feel that I have truly upped my game and give me the confidence I need to say that I really do see the need for technology education in our schools today and I have the skills to get there.
References:
Fortuna, C. (2010) Lights! Camera! Action! A grammar of film for media literacy. Knowlege Quest, 38(4), 10-23
No comments:
Post a Comment